Showroom First Impressions Specialist
Showroom First Impressions Specialist – Bridgeville
The First Impressions Specialist’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the showroom. The First Impressions Specialist will support the Showroom Manager and Showroom Sales Consultants through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The scope of the job includes communicating via phone and email ensuring that all administrative duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Create a positive and lasting first impression by professionally and enthusiastically welcoming and greeting our clients, guests, designers, and tradespeople. Offer a warm and welcoming smile.
- Qualify their needs by asking, “What brings you in today?”. Clarify their needs by asking additional questions as needed, such as, “Is this your first time here?” or “What project are you working on?”.
- Direct and/or introduce each guest to the appropriate salesperson and/or area of interest.
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for guests by identifying areas throughout the showroom, including our welcome center, coffee bar, and counter areas.
- Buy time appropriately and professionally when a salesperson is not available yet or at the time the guest needs them. Create a conversation or small talk with the guest about their project or invite them to browse. Offer literature and gather lead information to provide the salesperson at a later time. (i.e., on a busy Saturday when a salesperson may already be busy with an appointment.)
- Protect the front desk and welcome center. These areas are important tools to help greet clients and create a positive lasting impression for each guest who walks through the front door. Areas should be kept clean and free of debris.
- Maintaining the highest level of professionalism. Understand that voices travel and echo through the showroom. Do not engage in unprofessional “chit-chat” and/or negative gossip. When such conversations are overheard, help to shut them down.
- Become a SPLASH brand expert and representative. Professionally greet callers. “Thank you for calling SPLASH, this is (name) speaking, how may I help you?”. Then direct call appropriately. When possible, field simple questions about products, brands, and services we offer and those we do not. Supply SPLASH’s website for references. https://splashshowrooms.com/
- Manage inventory of showroom product samples by recording client contact information and monitoring the status of the sample sign-out file.
- Utilize computers to create and manage information databases, including client tracking, purchase order confirmations, sales representative contact information, etc.
- Create and manage paper or electronic filing systems and current editions of administrative documents, correspondence, or other material
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems, and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed material and distribute them accordingly
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information, internally and externally
- Manage and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and other shipments
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet
- Manage projects or contribute to committees or teamwork
- Monitor and distribute inventory of office supplies as needed
- Maintain inventory and dispense supplies.
- Maintain a current inventory of manufacturer literature and price books
- Collect client payments and complete all necessary order documentation.
- Confirm receipt of hardware and tile acknowledgments and verify their accuracy, resolving any discrepancies with the respective manufacturer and sales consultant.
- Serve as the liaison between the client, salesperson, and the manufacturer in monitoring and reporting order status.
- Prepare product specification books for our sales staff, builders, and plumbers. This will identify and outline the client selections and proper installation methods.
- Distributing the appropriate product literature as needed to clients based on the project they have in mind.
- Prepare forms, reports, and other paperwork as requested.
- Attend all showroom meetings and trainings.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, or supervisors as needed.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Personal effectiveness and credibility
- Attention to detail
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A high degree of professionalism/Integrity
- Industry knowledge
Nicklas Supply offers an attractive benefits package: health, dental, vision, short-term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment, company match 401(k), paid holiday and paid time off.
E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com