Counter Sales – Cranberry
Nicklas Supply remains committed to providing quality kitchen, bath, and plumbing products. Our goal as a family-owned and operated company is to create and maintain a productive and positive work environment, resulting in customer loyalty. Nicklas Supply offers an attractive benefits package: health, dental, vision, short-term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment, company match 401(k), paid holiday and paid time off.
The Counter Salesperson will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and professionally assist walk-in and telephone customers in the selection and acquisition of needed products, by applying technical knowledge to satisfy customer needs.
Candidate must have plumbing knowledge.
- Professionally greet customers. Practice good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, and a general attitude
- Handle difficulties with customers and coworkers with diplomacy and seek assistance when needed
- Sell and promote branch and company-wide promotions and specials as directed
- Enter orders in computer system and follow-up on special requests
- Process customer returns as necessary and executing prompt and effective resolutions to customer issues, as well as; properly complete necessary paperwork neatly and according to company policy
- Maintain working relationships with vendors and internal customers to ensure customer service
- Maintain daily contact with customers to provide information, build and maintain relationships and provide positive feedback to management
- Select the correct product from stock
- Receive payment or obtain credit information
- Maintain counter area displays of merchandise in an orderly and attractive manner
- Keep abreast of new product information and upcoming product promotions
- Determine product required by customer and suggest alternative and/or additional products related to customer’s order
Qualifications & Skills
- Sales Ability/Persuasiveness
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Navigating within the Organization
- Contributing to team success
- Quality Orientation
- High School diploma/GED Required
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Product/applications experience preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and valid medical card
- Forklift certification is required
- Assist and resolve customer complaints
Nicklas Supply offers an attractive benefits package: health, dental, vision, short-term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment, company match 401(k), paid holiday and paid time off.
E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com